Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Contractual Relationships; Put Up or Pay Back

Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 21:59:08 -0500
From: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: russ@seiracing.com
Subject: Prospective sponsorship

           This gentleman took a $30,000 loss based on the con used by Russ Herriott - President & CEO
SEI-Sports & Entertainment International
.
(To be clear, there are two clients, one lost $20,000 and one lost $30,000)

Hey Russ.  Well, January is here...  Just checking to see if you'd had any interest from your folks on doing a marketing tie in with the upcoming NASCAR season.  Time is of course growing tight to put a program in place.  I really need to hear something solid quickly if you are interested.  All the necessary parts are in place to hit the track with a high expectation of success.  However, I need the funding immediately to get xxxxx in the equipment.  As we have discussed previously, xxxxx will work very economically with us to get started.  The $1 million price I quoted you for primary positioning for a fully televised season in NCWE series is a bargain - as you well know from prior experience.  My 18 year old son tells me that Capt. Phil is a phenomenal hit with his age group - both at college and at his work.  I would love to see xxxxx associated with Phil's product, creating and profiting from a bridge between the two pools: young, upscale coffee purchasers and auto racing fanatics familiar with Phil's "other job".  The East Coast exposure would be tailor fit to the needs you outlined for your expansion targets.
Let me know if you are interested in pursuing this avenue.  Otherwise, I need to start receiving the repayment on the $30,000 as we have discussed.  You know I'd rather see you at the racetrack and help you hand out samples of coffee.
XXX



From: russherriott@xxxxxxx
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: FW: Prospective sponsorship
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 06:09:45 -0800

xxx,                     Not one of these statements is true.

You were on my mind this past few days. Update....just yesterday we closed a deal to have a major distributor carry Capt Phil Harris's Gourmet Coffee to 2800 stores. This is absolutley huge for us. In less than 4 months our little doopy coffee company is now poised for some great success. And these 2800 stores are west coast only. Phil and the show is huge on the east coast. We did 3 appearances before Chirstmas in Oregon and each appearance drew over 500 fans. Some waited 4 hours to meet Phil and get his signature. And we had to turn fans away. We will be rolling out a coffee under the other Captains on the show as well in the coming months.  This kind of sales volume now gives me a budget to work with. Phil is big on the racing potential.

Next week I plan on talking with John Boy and Billy and getting the east coast aligned. I have a person to cover the west coast so I now focus attention to the east coast. I am also working with Bad Boy Power Drinks. I am trying to get them aligned to a promotion with Phil and some other captains. Wired Energy is still online and I will be meeting them today but doubtful they will pull the trigger. Bad Boy is putting a deal together with Roush and Paul Menards all based on Menards carrying the product. They are big on what I am doing with Phil and they want to help promote the coffee as well. I am trying to get them into Target right now to get some money thrown over to us.   click to compare with post #13 from Racing West Message Board

I will keep you posted.

Russ Herriott
President & CEO
SEI-Sports & Entertainment International
Biz: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx


From: russherriott@xxxxxxxxx
To: russherriott@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Prospective sponsorship
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 06:16:35 -0800

xxx,

I failed to mention that the included email is from another client of mine xxx xxxx. I wanted you to know that xxx and his nepthew xxxxx xxxxxxx on on board with me as well. I have known xxx for a few years and xxxxx is an accomplished driver. I am under a time sensitive relationship with xxx as well as he has laid out $30K and if I dont get the sponsorship togehter with xxx I have the same contractual relationship as I have with you.



Russ Herriott
President & CEO
SEI-Sports & Entertainment International
Biz: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment